I began searching for some quiche recipes to try…but I didn’t want just any quiche. I wanted it to be a healthy quiche recipe that I could have as a backup plan for those days that I did not want to have to fool with cooking meat.
My favorite-tasting quiche is one that uses bacon and swiss cheese (yum!), but I wanted a lower-fat version.
1. I heated a small amount of butter in a pan and heated with 1 tsp minced garlic. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Then added about 1 1/2 cups broccoli and 1 tsp onion powder.
3. After cooking just until tender, I chopped broccoli and spread over a frozen pre-made pie crust. (I also wanted to make some miniature quiches in the ramekins for the kiddos.)
4. Then, I added the 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese over the broccoli. 5. Mix 4 well-beaten eggs with 1 tbsp melted butter, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 2/3 cup milk (recipe called for 1 1/12 cups…way too much).
6. Pour egg mixture over broccoli and cheese.
7. Cook for about 30 min. It took mine a good bit longer than 30 minutes, but you just need to be sure the center has set.
Broccoli is a source of Vitamin C!
Eggs are a wonderful source of protein!
This easy, healthy quiche recipe is one I will do over and over on those nights I don’t have much time to cook!
(Side note: My picky eater, the Little Buddy, did not touch it, though I did give him a ramekin with his sweet potato. However, the Little Stinker LOVED it!)
Linked up at This Chick Cooks