Today was woooooooooooonderful.
Hope it was for you, too!
Felt such less craving for sugar and good energy levels.
Daily Recap (how my day went without sugar)
- Thankfully no big temptations came my way, but even if they had, I think it would have been ok.
- Other than my normal afternoon “slump” I had a lot of energy!
- I got more sleep last night than usual, so I am thinking that really helped with cravings.
If you tend to rely on sugar to give you “energy,” you may need to take a step back and look at your lifestyle.
Here are some ways to keep those energy levels up (to decrease sugar cravings):
- Get plenty of rest. This can be different for everyone, but if you are not getting adequate sleep, you will very likely crave carbohydrates (especially sugar). You also will be less likely to exercise, which helps to curb those cravings as well.
- Don’t skip meals. Skipping meals will set you up for overeating and feeling out of control with your cravings.
- Don’t skip your protein. Protein helps you feel satisfied and fuller longer, thereby allowing you to say “no” easier to sugar.
- Go for a walk. This sounds cheesy, but if you are desperately craving something sweet, go for a walk. Not only will it distract you from your craving, but it will likely give you that boost of energy you were looking for.
I hope this 30 Day No Sugar Challenge is helping you feel more energetic and less dependent on sugar. Almost halfway there, so stay focused and don’t give up!