Even though I haven’t posted in a few days, I am still hanging in there with you in this challenge!
I will say that this last week has been the hardest, probably because I have just been more tired than usual.
Daily Recap (of the last few days):
- I had to indulge in no sugar added ice cream (which, by the way, is not low calorie!)
- I have craved sweets pretty intensely the last few days
One of the featured article on MSN today was this article on sugar and it’s scary effects on the body. Most of these effects I have mentioned at one time or another throughout this challenge, but it was a thorough list with some backup found in studies.
Though the source of this article may not be the most reputable ever, it reiterates what we do know about sugar:
- Provides added calories that usually contribute to weight gain
- Excess weight can increase risk for diabetes, heart disease, and cancer
- Eat a high-sugar diet, thereby having sugar highs and lows, can affect our moods
Even if you do go back to eating occasional sweets after this challenge, just keep in mind that we must keep our cravings under control in order to avoid these negative effects.