I don’t know about you, but my cravings for sweets are much weaker than they have been.
Would I like a piece of chocolate? Sure. But I don’t have to have it.
Daily Recap (how my day went with no sugar)
- Drank a deliciously “sweet” fruit and yogurt smoothie
- Walked right past ice cream at the store without drooling or breaking into a cold sweat
- Am enjoying fruits and vegetables more than usual
Tomorrow is a holiday (Labor Day) and you may be doing some extra socializing. Even if not, doesn’t holiday = good food?
Don’t let yourself feel deprived tomorrow just because you’re not eating sweets and desserts right now. Remind yourself, when you say “I’ll pass” to the delicious-looking, melt-in-your-mouth desserts, that you are on this no sugar journey for a reason. And it’s temporary.
To help prevent feelings of deprivation, take your own no sugar dessert.
Here are some dessert ideas for the holiday that will keep you on course:
- Sugar-free chocolate pudding with light Cool Whip on top
- Sugar-free cheesecake
- Sugar free cupcakes with sugar free frosting
Trying to reach any fitness or nutrition goal is much more challenging on a holiday. Just keep your goal(s) in mind!