Here’s an easy vegetable lasagna recipe for those of you who are trying to go meatless for some meals!
What you will need:
1 teaspoon olive oil
3/4 cup sliced mushrooms (I used mushrooms from a jar to save time)
1 cup chopped zucchini
1/2 cup of sliced carrot
1/2 tablespoon of onion powder
1 jar of tomato and basil pasta sauce (24-26 oz)
2 tablespoons pesto (store-bought or homemade)
1 carton part-skim ricotta cheese (15 oz)
6 cooked lasagna noodles, cut in half
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Chop vegetables and measure.
2. Put olive oil in pan and add vegetables and onion powder. Cook on medium heat for about 5-7 minutes.
4. Combine pesto and ricotta cheese in a bowl.
6. After sauce mixture has simmered, pour 1/2 of mixture in bottom of pan and add one layer of noodle halves.
7. Next, top with about 1/2 of remaining tomato mixture and 1/2 of ricotta/pesto mixture.
7. Cover with foil and cook for 30 min on 350 degrees F. Remove foil and cook for 15 more minutes.
**Time saving tip: this can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated for a day or two before cooking!
(We ate this for dinner tonight and will have some left over to eat for lunch tomorrow — very tasty!)