This chocolate zucchini cake is much healthier than other cakes, but you would never even know it!
We all have those days (or maybe even weeks!) when we would give our right arm for something chocolate. I have some good news for you: there is a healthier chocolate cake that will satisfy your cravings while also providing some decent nutrition.
Trust me, even as a dietitian, I must.have.chocolate. And my kids? Well, they both love chocolate too, of course!
Everyone who has ever tried this cake loves it. It’s not very hard to make and is super moist.
And why is it healthier than your typical chocolate cake?
- Uses little oil (and olive oil works great)
- 2 whole cups of zucchini!!! (has vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, and many more vitamins and minerals!)
- Whole wheat flour (full of fiber and other key vitamins and minerals)
- Applesauce (great source of vitamin C)
What you will need:
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
2 Tbsp olive or canola oil
1.5 cups of sugar
1 cup applesauce
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips
9×13 baking pan
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 9×13 baking pan.
Step 2: Grate the zucchini. Put grated zucchini in a dishtowel that is not fuzzy and squeeze out the excess moisture.
Step 3: Mix together first six ingredients.
4. Pour batter into greased pan and pour the cup of chocolate chips on evenly over the batter.
Enjoy!!! (But let it cool off first!)
Linked up at: